Step 1: Surface Preparation
- All substrates/surfaces must be structurally sound, dry, solid, and stable. The surface shall be clean of dirt, oil, and grease and free of loose impediments.
- You have to power wash with just water. No chemical additives is recommended.
- After surface is dry, mechanically clean the area to be sealed using stiff wire brush or equivalent.
Step 2: Mixing
- Rubberseal Roll On must be mixed for approx. 5 minutes prior to installation, until material is entirely homogeneous.
- If material sits more than 3 hours, remix for 5 more minutes.
- Do NOT add water, solvents, or any other materials to the product
Step 3: Application
- Rubberseal Roll On may be applied using a standard 3/8” (8mm) nap roller with standard cage in small areas or a brush.
- Roll material onto substrate/surface and spread evenly to achieve a thorough depth and film consistency of at least 15 mil WFT (wet film thickness) on the first coat.
- Remaining coats may be applied as soon as the previous application has dried from the brown shade, to the black (typically 60 minutes at 70F (21C) and depending on the application).
- Total amount of coats, depends on the application. We recommend applying at least 40 mils thickness in all applications, each coat gives you approx 5 mils thickness. As thicker is the application, membrane last longer.